ORLAND, IN - Multiple units responded to what is being reported as an electrical fire at Chubby’s restaurant located in Orland, Indiana.
Crews on the scene say a wall socket began smoking on the wall and was apparently smoldering. Quick action by employees and local firefighters were able to contain the blaze. An interior wall had to be ripped into order to stop more damage.
Early reports indicate that no one was injured as a result of this incident.
Chubby’s Fish & Steak, a restaurant favorite in the community, has been locally owned by Kellie and Kevin Kain for over 30 years. Employees, family, and friends gathered outside the restaurant showing support to the Kain family.
(09-28-2020) Auburn Man Arrested for Child Molestation
(09-28-2020) LaGrange Man Arrested Following Foot Chase
(09-28-2020) Steuben County Corrects Ballot Envelop Erro
(09-28-2020) Fremont Calls for Football Team to Stay Home Monday
(09-28-2020) Parkview LaGrange Hospital Hires Full Time General Surgeon
(09-28-2020) Two People Injured In Motorcycles vs Deer Collision
(09-28-2020) Two Drivers Injured In Three Vehicle Crash
(09-28-2020) Indiana In Stage 5 Of Re-opening
(09-28-2020) Topeka Teens Among Three People Injured In Crash
(09-28-2020) Cameron Hospital Appoints New CFO
(09-26-2020) 2020 United Way Radiothon Take In over $101,000
(09-25-2020) Rep. Jim Banks Announces Service Academy Day on October 31st
(09-25-2020) Blue Ribbon Schools Award Winners Receive Congratulations
(09-25-2020) AG Curtis Hill’s Proposed Data Protection Safe Harbor Rule
(09-25-2020) Indiana Enters Stage 5 Reopening on Saturday
(09-25-2020) Area Unemployment Rates Drop in Michigan Counties